The U.S. Constitution requires that each decade a count-or census of America's population is taken. The census provides vital information for you and your community.
- It determines how many representatives each state gets in Congress and is used to redraw district boundaries.
- Communities rely on census statistics to plan for a variety of resident needs including new roads, schools, and emergency services.
- Businesses use census data to determine where to open places to shop.
IT IS EASY!
- There are only 9 questions.
- It is available in several languages.
- Can be completed via internet, telephone, or mailed form.
IT IS SAFE!
- Title 13 requires the Census Bureau to keep all information confidential and protected.
- A census employee who violates these provisions is subject to a fine up to $250,000 and a prison sentence up to 5 years.
- By law, responses can not be used against you by any governmental agency or court in any way.
IT IS IMPORTANT!
- Billions of dollars in federal funds are allocated based on the decennial count.
On or between March 12-20, you will receive an invitation to respond online to the 2020 Census.
On or between March 16-24, you will receive a reminder letter.
If you haven't responded yet,
- You will receive a reminder postcard.
- You will receive a reminder letter and questionnaire
- You will receive a final postcard
- A Census worker will follow up person
For more information, go to www.census.gov.
Anyone wishing to complete the census online can view an interactive tutorial on the types of response choices that will be used on the online census form. This is NOT the actual census form. It is a tool to show the ways you will be required to respond so you are more comfortable when you actually go to do so online. Some of the questions on this tutorial aren't even real census questions and you are asked to make up answers that aren't even true.
To view this tutorial, go to https://www.easycensushelp.org/2020census.html