Delaware County 2021 Heat Plan
As the summer season approaches, the County of Delaware wants to assure that all residents, especially vulnerable populations remain safe and healthy and avoid heat related illness.
The following are tips to reduce your risk of heat related illness:
- Avoid spending much time outdoors during the heat of the day and remain in an air-conditioned location such as a mall or local emergency cooling center.
- Drink plenty of non-caffeinated, non-alcoholic liquids, especially water, frequently unless otherwise advised by your physician.
- Reschedule activities for cooler times of the day.
- Wear appropriate sunscreen protection and wear light-colored, lightweight clothing.
- Keep windows open, especially when using a fan for cooling.
- Take cool showers or baths.
- Eat small light meals more often
- Consult with your physician if taking regular medication. Some medications cause an adverse reaction in hot weather.
- Stay in contact with someone daily, especially if you live alone. If you know someone who lives alone, set up a buddy system and check on each other during the day.
To view the 2021 Heat Plan, click here.
COSA has a limited number of fans for a senior in need of one. To inquire about receiving a fan, call 610-490-1300.